Discover Cook Islands, Aitutaki
June to October
Explore Polynesia, where the palm trees stretch above blue lagoons and people drink coconuts instead of coke (or pepsi... or kale juice, whichever is your thing).
- Enjoy the beautiful sand beaches on the island of Aitutaki. Do not expect any crowds fighting over plastic sun beds. Vacation in Cook Islands is unique.
- The island will surprise you with its lush greenery. Discover all its corners by bicycle which are available for free at your hotel. You will have plenty of time to climb the highest peak of unbelievable 124 metres (407 ft) above sea level.
- You can find the stunning lagoon of Aitutaki in all pictures of Cook Islands. Spend your entire stay there instead of just flying in from the neighbouring Rarotonga for the one day round trip usually offered by travel agencies.
- Have a swim, dive, kayak, stand-up paddle or snorkel.
- Relax with a book or a drink (maybe even both) in your hand lying in a hammock among coconut palm trees, dancing in the rhythm of the ocean breeze.
- Get to the market and taste fresh tropical fruits and local specialities.
- Meet the local women all dressed up and in hats with flowers on their way to Sunday Mass, during which they sing like their lives depended on it. They definitely believe their souls do.
- And later, in the evening, immerse into the whirl of traditional dance and other original Polynesian customs during a local feast.
You can open the itinerary in any application for reading e-books in EPUB format, e.g. in Apple Books. The text automatically adjusts to the screen size.
Our itinerary includes:
- Recommended high-quality accommodation on the island Aitutaki for the number of nights you choose, incl. breakfast. Featured hotels are in green, tropical gardens just a few steps from the beach. The hotels have a swimming pool, kayaks, SUP boards, beach chairs and beach towels available for their guests.
- Information about international flight tickets, as well as local inter-island flights.
- Recommendation of transfers from/to accommodation on the island.
- Details about formalities necessary for the purpose of your travel.
- Recommendation of local activities and trips with exact information (always with a respective link to Google Maps).
- Recommended local restaurants.
- Practical tips related to local language and customs, health and safety, as well as local weather.
- Links you can click on in order to directly book any of the recommended services for reasonable prices and to obtain further detailed information.
- If you want to say "I do" on a Pacific beach, our itinerary will give you helpful advice.