vacation in Cook Islands:
- Kia Orana! This is how Hawaii had looked like before it got "modernized". Experience the best of Cook Islands.
- Visit Polynesia where the palm trees stretch above blue lagoons and people drink coconuts instead of coke (or pepsi... or kale juice, whichever is your thing). They taste better here than you are used to.
- Enjoy the beautiful sand beaches in pristine lagoons on one or even two of 15 amazing islands scattered within 2.2 million square kilometers of south Pacific.
- Do not expect any crowds fighting over plastic sun beds.
- The main island Rarotonga will surprise you with its lush greenery and astonishing beaches. Discover all its corners by scooter or bicycle. It only has 32 km in circumference. Or hike across the island and get carried away by the magnificent views.
- Swim, sorry, fly to the other island, Aitutaki, the stunning lagoon of which you can find in all pictures of Cook Islands. Our itinerary will take you there for longer than the usual one day trip offered by regular travel agencies. You will have plenty of time to climb the highest peak of unbelievable 124 metres above sea level (407 ft).
- Have a swim, dive, kayak, stand-up paddle or snorkel.
- Relax with a book or a drink (maybe even both) in your hand lying in a hammock among coconut palm trees, dancing in the rhythm of the ocean breeze.
- Get to the market and taste fresh tropical fruits and local specialities.
- Meet the local women all dressed up and in hats with flowers on their way to Sunday Service, during which they sing like their lives depended on it. They definitely believe their souls do.
- And later, in the evening, immerse into the whirl of traditional dance and other original Polynesian customs during a local feast.
what the itinerary can offer:
- Choose the length of your stay according to your own preference.
- Preferably visit the islands Rarotonga and Aitutaki but if you like, you can also stay on one of them only. We recommend that you spend in the Cook Islands at least 12 nights, of which at least 3 nights in Aitutaki.
- Practical tips related to accommodation, transportation from/to accommodation and within islands, inter-island flights, restaurants and shops, health and safety, local language and weather.
- Detailed and very exact recommendation of places to stay, while on each island you will be able to choose from a variety of accommodation in a strategically determined location.
- Recommendation of local activities and trips organized by days and exact routes (always with a respective link, e.g. to Google Maps).
- Recommended restaurants.
- Links you can click on in order to directly book any of the recommended services for reasonable prices and to obtain further detailed information.
- You can open the itinerary in any application for reading e-books in EPUB format, e.g. in Apple Books. The text automatically adjusts to the screen size.
itinerary is better than a travel guide
Free sample itinerary