Vacation in New Zealand, both islands
December to March
Embark on an adventurous journey and discover the natural wonders of the southern and/or northern island of New Zealand:
- Let yourself be warmly received and then scared in the whirl of pre-combat dance Haka performed by descendants of New Zealand indigenous peoples - Maori.
- Discover the edge of the world in the bays surrounded by steep cliffs and sprayed by never-ending waterfalls, where seals bask on black rocks and dolphins thank for all the fish.
- Cross the volcano mountains and conquer one of the most rewarding hiking paths in New Zealand. With a little luck, the clouds on the peaks will rise and you will get to see the one and only Mount Doom.
- Wander in the dark of New Zealand caves illuminated by glowworms. Sure, they are cannibals, but you are safe. The more active ones can try out abseiling, cave tubing, ziplining and jumping off cave waterfalls.
- Take a helicopter to the top of a local glacier. Not adrenaline enough? Then dare to (tandem) skydive! Those chills will not be caused by local weather.
- Hike the valley of glaciers and cross swing bridges to New Zealand's highest peak.
- Take your courage in both hands and bungy jump in the very place of its birth - from an old bridge overlooking a wild river. Shaken? Calm your nerves by tasting the famous New Zealand wines.
- Breathe in the sulfur haze of a place with strong geothermal activity and try the beneficial effects of local mud on wrinkles caused by your mimic muscles.
- Take a heartwarming look at a few days old chick of the night bird Kiwi, a unique indigenous New Zealander.
You can open the itinerary in any application for reading e-books in EPUB format, e.g. in Apple Books. The text automatically adjusts to the screen size.
Our itinerary includes:
- Recommended accommodation for 13 nights in excellent hotels or motels, which we have chosen with great emphasis on strategic location along the planned route. In cities and larger towns you will be staying in the center of it all.
- If you wish to extend your stay or visit the north island only, we recommend an extended route on the north island for additional 5 days.
- Information about international flight tickets as well as inter-island flights, so you don't have to drive too much.
- Details about formalities necessary for the purpose of your travel - passport, visa-free registration for entry to New Zealand, driving license.
- Recommended car rental on both islands (preferably in category midsize-SUV).
- Complete and very detailed program of your entire trip in New Zealand with lots of useful information, structurally organized by days.
- Recommendation of local activities and trips with exact routes (information on distance also in time and always with a respective link to Google Maps).
- Recommended local restaurants.
- Practical tips related to accommodation, car rental and driving, inter-island flights, restaurants and shops, health and safety, as well as local weather.
- Links you can click on in order to directly book any of the recommended services for reasonable prices and to obtain further detailed information.